Frequently asked questions
Have peace of mind, your best friend is in safe hands
Fully Insured and Bonded team for your protection!
- Scheduling & visit times: Scheduling is on a first come first service basis and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. (Brunell Pet Services) will visit at the requested times as closely as possible. However, if an unforeseen situation arises, the time may be adjusted. Bedtime visits upon request for an additional charge.
- Confirmation Call (Prior to out-of-town-Departure): (Brunell Pet Services) will make confirmation call or e-mail no less than two days before each departure in order to verify that all information (dates, contact numbers, etc.) are still correct. Since phone mail messages or e-mails are not 100% reliable, please make sure we speak personally, or e-mail is acknowledged by (Brunell Pet Services) (please do not depart town without this). This is to ensure your pet’s needs are carried out as intended.
- Early Returns: We understand your plans change and are very flexible if notified. If you return home early, please notify us immediately. If, however, you do not notify (Brunell Pet Services) of an early return and (Brunell Pet Services) makes a trip and finds you home, the regular per visit charge applies.
- Cancellations: We understand your plans change and we, generally, do not charge for cancellations with adequate notice. However, if you cancel 24 hours or less prior to the date of the first visit there will be a cancellation fee equal to the first visit fee.
- Holiday Cancellations: Please understand that pet sitting services and kennels receive more requests for reservations than they can handle during these holiday time periods and we may have turned away other clients because we have reserved time for you during a busy season. If you cancel seven days or less before any holiday, you will be charged for half of the visits.
- Inclement Weather: Primarily severe storms, hurricanes, snow/ice conditions etc. You will entrust (Brunell Pet Services) to use best judgement in caring for your pets(s) and home if we are servicing you at the time of inclement weather. (Brunell Pet Services) will ty to carry out your instructions to the best of (Brunell Pet Services) ability. The care we provide tour our customer’s pets and their safety is our first concern. Customer selection of a nearby emergency contact has been requested. The inclement weather plan will be as follows: 1) Every effort will be made to drive to your home; 2) The service schedule may be changed, interrupted, or altered due to circumstances; 3) If this is not possible to drive safely to your home, your emergency contact will be notified, 4) You will be notified that the above-mentioned contingency plan has been activated.
- Emergency Contact: (Brunell Pet Services) has requested the name and phone number of a person living nearby (with access to your home). This should be a person close enough to walk to your home if roads are impassable (for example, a neighbor). If we are physically unable to drive to your home this information is needed so that we can contact this person to request their assistance to check on your pet(s). Please remember that garage door openers are not operational in the event of power outages. In the event that the customer does not provide a nearby emergency contact with access to your home for (Brunell Pet Services), customer realizes that (Brunell Pet Services) will provide service but not until conditions allow us to reach your home safely.
8. Medications/Vaccinations: (Brunell Pet Services) will attempt to administer medications as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result. Excessively shy cats with medical problems can be a serious risk. If you have such an animal, this must be thoroughly discussed. Under no circumstances will (Brunell Pet Services) service any pet that has any form of contagious illness. This is for the safety of other customers. (Brunell Pet Services) requires that all pets have the necessary vaccinations and immunizations before service begins. If (Brunell Pet Services) pet care provider is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client’s pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may incur.
- Access to your Home by Others: If customer allows any other person(s) access to their home during (Brunell Pet Services) contract period, (Brunell Pet Services) cannot be held liable for any damages to property or pets as a result. Please notify (Brunell Pet Services) if someone will be in your home. Please also notify the person(s) in your home that (Brunell Pet Services) is coming so that your visitor, as well, is not surprised by our entrance.
- Fences: Fenced in yards are wonderful play spaces for pets, however, no fence system is totally secure for your pet’s safety (Brunell Pet Services) does not accept responsibility or liability for any customer’s pets that escape, are injured or become lost, fatal or otherwise, when pets are left out or given access to a fenced in area. This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other fence types.
- Pet and house clean-up: (Brunell Pet Services) will properly dispose of pet waste and do our best to clean up any accidents your pet may have. (Brunell Pet Services) is not responsible for carpet/flooring stains created by your pet(s). We do request that you provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels, trash bags and indicated where you would like the waste disposed of.
- Leashes: All dogs will be required to be on leash during outdoor walks.
- Unforeseen purchases: Any additional necessary costs such as food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and wellbeing of your pet will be purchased by (Brunell Pet Services). We will retain a receipt and the customer will be responsible for reimbursement of these items. A $_15_ trip fee will be applied.
- Animal Behavior: Animals behavior can be unpredictable. (Brunell Pet Services) does not accept responsibility or liability for animal behavior, normal or otherwise, which results in injury to the client’s animals. Further, if an (Brunell Pet Services) pet care provider is harmed or injured by the client’s animals, the client/owner accepts full responsibility for the cost of any necessary medical attention required by either this (Brunell Pet Services) pet care provider or by the animals.
- Updates: Please provide us with any changes regarding your pets’ care and other pertinent information.
- Payment: For service period of seven days or more ½ advance payment is required five business days in advance.
- Payment Choice #1: We extend to you the courtesy of billing for our services. In return, we require PROMPT payment upon receipt of the invoice. A late charge of _1.5_% of the total invoice compounded daily will be assessed if payment is not received within 7 days of completion of service.
- Payment Choice #2: Payment is due on or before the 1st day of service; customer has the option to post-date their checks to the LAST date of service and will not be cashed until after service is complete. Customer will be quoted the rate of the total payment at the time of the confirmation call and (Brunell Pet Services) will leave a paid invoice for your records as a receipt.
- Return Check Charges: There is a $_35_ fee for any returned checks.
- Keys: If you are not already doing so, consider letting (Brunell Pet Services) retain your house key. In the event of an unexpected trip, you’ll be glad you did. Keys are kept in a secured lock system and are coded for customer’s confidentiality. If you choose not to have (Brunell Pet Services) retain a key, picking up and returning your keys requires two extra trips and there will be a $_15_ charge per trip for time and mileage. A second option for key return is via USPS. mail. To cover costs, the charge for this option is $_5_. Please check the key you provide (Brunell Pet Services).